Before the placement
The students will:
- Ensure that any training requirements, course requisites, essential criteria or milestones by which eligibility to undertake placement is determined are completed prior to undertaking placements, for example, successful completion of preparatory courses, workshops or tutorials
- Complete all required documentation, for example, updated resumes, submission of relevant information in accordance with the placement department
- Formally disclose any disability which may affect the placement and for which they are seeking additional support during the placement
- Make contact with the T & P team once officially advised to do so.
- It is also desirable, students to make CVs for each opportunity depending on work profile separately.
During the placement
The students will:
- Carry their Institute student ID at all times and wear identification and/or uniforms as directed
- Adhere to all by-laws, rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the placement department including any dress codes
- Maintain a level of conduct appropriate to a student in a professional setting and in accordance with the Institute's Code of Conduct
- Maintain an appropriate level of confidentiality regarding any placement information if advised by placement cell
- Inform the placement department of any absences from the placement
- Complete and/or provide any required documentation relating to absence from the placement, for example, Doctor’s certificate in case of health related issues
- Advise the placement staff immediately of any incident or concern regarding their safety and well-being during the placement.
The students are free to apply for companies offering jobs in their opted specialization through placement cell.
No applications from students in response to the press advertisements or to the organizations which have not notified the T&P about their requirements shall be entertained by the T&P.
The student should inform T&P department if they have earlier applied for the same company on their own.
If a company has approached the T&P or is in the process of approaching the T&P for placements, no student shall approach any of these companies on their own, except through T&P. Students should submit a soft copy of their CV along with photo to the T & P department before the start of placements.
Students are advised to keep sufficient copies of resume, passport size photos, etc ready so as to submit it as per the requirement of company. No requests for taking the printouts of resumes from the T&P department will be entertained.
Sometimes organizations, at the time of their campus interviews, may inform the T&P that they are interested in screening more candidates. Then the T&P will ask other interested students to apply immediately and the students may have to submit their resumes at short notice. Making several copies of the resume is, therefore, desirable.
Students may apply to organizations only against functional positions specified by T&P. T&P shall not entertain applications/resumes of students who want to apply for hypothetical positions or for functional areas not announced
Companies may do short listing of students themselves on the basis of information supplied by the students in their registration profile or CVs/ Resumes.
In case a company insists on short listing to be done by the Institute without explicitly citing any criteria, it will be done on the basis of Criteria determined in consultation with the Area Heads and the concerned T&P Manager.
Interview schedules as decided by the T&P shall be given to the visiting executives. Thereafter no modifications shall be entertained, except under very unusual circumstances.
- Keep record of organizations and positions for which they apply.
- Keep notes on the job details announced. These are useful at the time of interview.
- Prepare completely for attending the various Written Tests, Group Discussions and Interviews, particularly in respect of the specific company for which they are appearing.
- Study the website of the company & their competitors.
- Students shall not, at the time of interview, negotiate with the employer about salary and terms different from what is announced earlier, unless the announcement specifies that the salary is negotiable.
- While attending interviews, students must be punctual and come in Uniform only.