RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR SGI STUDENTS
The Suryadatta Group of Institutions through experience, has framed certain norms, rules and regulations for the students. These rules are mandatory to maintain the high quality of standard and discipline in the institute / College.
- Admission will be strictly as per the eligibility norms laid down by the competent authorities.
- Application form is to be filled by the candidate in his / her own handwriting using ballpoint pen and countersigned by the parents / guardians.
- It is the collective responsibility of the candidate and the parents to submit required documents by the stipulated date.
- Any attempt to submit false documents, will lead to cancellation of the admission by the competent authorities of the Institute / College.
- Mark sheet and School leaving / College leaving certificate of Class X / Class XII and Graduation (wherever applicable) will have to be shown / submitted in original. Self Attested Xerox / Photocopies of certificates other than the above will be accepted.
- Selected candidates will have to join the Institute / College on the date announced.
- Management reserves the right of refusal for final admission.
- All Admissions are confirmed subject to the candidate fulfilling all the prescribed eligibility criteria as decided by the competent authorities and payment of requisite fees.
- Fulfilling the eligibility criteria in itself does not assure admission to a programme. The final decision for admission rests with the Institute / College.
- Students and parents are requested to go through the eligibility criteria laid down by the competent authorities for the respective programme. Please note you will be solely responsible if admission stands cancelled due to any non fulfillment of eligibility criteria at any stage and fees will be refunded as per the rules of the competent authorities.
- Fees once paid will be refundable only as per the norms of the competent authorities.
- Fees is payable by D.D. / Bank Transfer / Debit / Credit card Swipe only.
- Full fees are to be paid before joining the Institute. Once registration for admission is done, change of course / transfer / cancellation will not be allowed under any circumstances.
- Once admission is confirmed and course has commenced, you are liable to pay the entire course fee as per the schedule given to you. In case of delay, late fees as applicable, shall be charged.
- On request for cancellation of admission, you are liable to pay the entire course fees.
- In case of transfer of course (before 2 months from commencement of course), you will have to bear the charges of Rs. 10,000/-. Decision of the respective Directors will be final in this regard.
- You are expected to attend all the classes regularly.
You have to attend all the program, seminars and events conducted by the College / Institute.
- 90 % attendance is mandatory. 10 % is exempted to meet exigencies. If 80 % attendance is not achieved at the semester / term end, you will not be permitted to appear for the examination.
- Attending all the seminars, group-discussions, visits, work-shops, presentations, guest-lectures, yoga, visits, orientation programs, soft skills programs, foreign languages, role plays, additional input classes etc. are compulsory.
- You have to report to your respective classroom for your lectures at least 5 to 10 minutes before the session starts to avoid disturbing the faculty and students, who are already in the class.
- You will have to wear your I-card in College / Institute at all times.
- You will maintain utmost discipline as per the direction of the organizational authorities, Head of the Institution / College.
- You can access our Internet Lab and Library in the campus before and after your classes as per the time table displayed. You may use the Wi Fi facility provided in the campus.
- It is necessary to have your Library Card with you, when you are using Library / Reading room in the campus,
- It is mandatory to maintain silence, hygiene and cleanliness in the campus.
- Incase of damage to property or equipments of the Institute by you, you will be liable for fine (full cost recovery) as per the norms of the Institute / College.
- Ragging, smoking, use of mobiles, consumption of tobacco, consumption of alcoholic drinks / drugs is strictly prohibited in the campus, hostel and vicinity of the campus. Stringent actions will be taken against those who will indulge in such activities.
- You will abide by the rules and directions of the Institute / College for dress code and uniforms. Uniform is compulsory during all classes, seminars, guest lecturers & visits. College uniform & wearing of Id card is mandatory on all days when you are in campus.
- You should not indulge in thefts, mal-practices in exams and tests, sexual mis-conducts inside or outside the Institute / College. In case of violation of norms insubordination or any other offences, the students will be liable for punishment as per the norms of the Institutes local competent authority.
- You will not carry any valuables like jewellery / laptop etc. in the institute/college campus. In case you carry such items, it shall be entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
- As per the rules and regulations of the competent authority, use of mobile phones in the Institute/College campus is not allowed. Do not bring mobile phones in the campus. It shall be entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
- You will lock and park your vehicle properly at the designated place at your own risk.
- You will not indulge in any kind of wrong social sites & will follow all the rules & regulation of the Information Technology policies. Strict action will be taken against the Students and Parents if found violating the policies.
- It is your responsibility to read notices on the notice boards for the latest activities / instructions by the Institution/ College.
- You will bear moral, ethical & proper conduct during your tenure at Suryadatta Group of Institutes.
- Kindly avoid wastage of water & electricity.
- You are not allowed to undertake any type of jobs (fulltime / part time) - at the cost of your health, attendance, academics.
- You will maintain your own records & personal file about admission, fee receipt, prospectus, industry visit reports, guest lecture notes etc.
- You will have to take permission in writing from the concerned Director of the Institution / College for leave. If you leave without permission, you will be liable for punishment. Regular absenteeism without informing may lead to cancellation of admission.
- You are required to submit assignments, appear for Internal Exams, Field Work, Project etc. as per the stipulated time and norms of the programme and the Institute / College subject to satisfactory attendance requirements. Please refer to the respective Institute's / College notice boards for schedules.
- All students must complete their home work / assignments given by the faculty and submit the same before deadline date.
- College conducts various co curricular, cultural and extracurricular activities in the college round the year and your participation in the same is mandatory for your overall holistic development.
- Hostels, paying guest, rented accommodation are situated in the vicinity of the campus. You will have to follow all the rules and regulations of the hostels / paying guest / rented accommodation authorities / Land of Law.
- Hostel accommodation allotment will be done by the authorities of the institute / college based on the availability and on first come first serve basis. Change of hostels / accommodation will not be allowed in any case.
- Do not carry any valuables like mobile/ jewellery / laptop / excess cash etc. in the hostel. In case you carry such items, it shall be entirely at your own risk and responsibility.
- Surprise checks will be made in the Hostel. Please note that Surprise checks staff will not be responsible for any kind of theft / loss / damage of your valuables.
- Students must inform their local / permanent residence address and contact details to the institute authorities at the time of admission. In case of change of address and contact details, the same must be immediately communicated / updated to the institute, otherwise the communication / information sent on the available address will be treated as final.
- You will follow all the rules and regulations of the hostels and institute. Consequences arising due to violation of rules shall be entirely yours. You will not indulge in any unlawful, unethical & socially indecent, and unacceptable activities in or outside the College / Institute and hostels.
- If any student is found invovled in destructive activities inside the Campus / Institute's Hostel, it will be considered as wrong intention and liable to punishment.
- All students are hereby informed that, if they find anyone doing above they have to report the incident immediately to the administration department along with written application. If you don't inform then you will be solely responsible for any mishap / incident happening in the hostel.
- If any banned / illegal items are found to be kept in the rooms of institute's hostel (knowingly or unknowingly), room inmates will be considered as totally responsible for it & fine of Rs. 10,000/- will be charged and / or will be terminated from the hostel.
- For any damage / tempering / loss found on any floor to the assets of institute's hostel (electricity wiring, CCTV cameras, electricity fittings etc.), all the students in the hostel will be fined Rs. 1,000/- each. No arguments, comments will be entertained.
- Fine of Rs. 5,000/- will be charged against- if any electrical appliances (Iron, Hot Plate, Kettle, Hair Straighter etc.) are found in the room. Arguments, comments will not be entertained.
G. Other Rules & Regulations:
The Institute offers Industrial visits, training, field works, Seminars, Conferences, Yoga, Meditation in the premises and outdoor training camps for holistic development. You are expected to benefit from these activities and observe rules and regulations, discipline and safety requirements. Although the institute arranges these activities, it is mandatory to attend the same and take utmost care and follow all rules and regulations.
- You have to submit the Medical certificate periodically from the certified Doctor.
- The Institute arranges industrial visits. Candidates will be nominated for these visits based on attendance, behavior, compliance for various assignments and various academic activities, etc.
- The Institute / College reserve the right to amend, modify and change the norms, rules & regulations from time to time.
- Full rights are reserved with the Director / Principal / Management to take action against the students in case of violation of the above guidelines.
- In case of disputes, the decision of the Director / Principal of the respective Institute / College shall be treated as final and binding.
- For your own safety, kindly follow all the traffic rules of the competent authorities, wear helmet & carry all the required documents.
- We suggest you not to use smart phones in college to avoid usages of social media and wasting your valuable time.
- Students should not take any sort of eatables in the classroom and should not throw papers, empty bottles in the campus premises / classroom. Students should abide by the Clean India Green India Mission.
- While leaving the classroom, it is the duty of the students to close the windows, switch off the fans and lights etc. arrange the chairs properly and then leave the classroom.
- Students are not allowed to bring their friends or relatives inside the campus and hostel for any reason what so ever. Kindly take written permission from authority if the above is essential. Strict action will be taken leading to detension expulsion from college.
- You are requested to cooperate with the security staff for the IdCard & uniform.
- Student should submit the application for availing any additional facility
- Visit respective institutes / college website regularly for notices & other updates.
- I do hereby solemnly confirm that I have received, read & understood all the above rules and regulations given alongwith this undertaking. I herewith undertake that I will abide by all the rules & regulations mentioned above.
- I understand that Suryadatta Group of Institutes reserves the right to amend, modify and change the rules and regulations for smooth functioning and for the overall interest of the students and the Institution / College.
- I hereby undertake to collect all original / relevant documents from the college within a span of 3 months from the date of completion of the programme.
- I also undertake that the college will not be held responsible for any loss of my documents etc. Incase I don’t collect the same within the said period after completion of the programme.
(The above rules and regulations are also available on our website. Please read carefully and sign. No excuse will be entertained later on).